That's not my bag baby!

Monday, 13 October 2008
It's for August....
Miss A needed a bag for swimming lessons today which of course I forgot about until the last minute Sunday night. This is what I came up, nothing too flash but it does the job.
I found some boardshort material in my stash that I bought last year to make shorts for the boys ( and still haven't gotten around to......) and decided it would be just the thing for wet togs and towels.
There was no particular pattern for this bag ( i guess you'd call it a tote?) Just two rectangles joined together with straps sewn into the side seams, top and bottom. Then because I didn't have anything suitable to make it a drawstring bag, I made a casing for the top, sewed in a tiny loop of elastic in the centre back and put a button on the centre front. This is just a temp closure until I get to SL on Wednesday to get some nice cord or ribbon for the drawstring.
All up from cutting to sewing it all together it took probably 45 mins, with a tea and also toilet break too.
August was quite pleased with the end result and wore it proudly to school today.
After her swimming lesson she told me her friend asked her where she got her bag from and when gussy replied " My mum made it last night."
Her friend said " Nobody can make a bag like that in just one night! "
Gussy told her " Well my mum can!!!"
hehehehe out of the mouths of babes hey! So cute!

2 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Isn't it really rewarding when the kids love when we sew?

I think it looks great and even better when it is a quick project.

Kylie said...

Looks great - and perfect fabric for a swimming bag. Well done Mum - we all knew you could do it. You might have a few orders from friends soon

Post a Comment