So very late! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Sunday, 20 January 2008
How embarrassing, here we are nearly the end of January and I am posting my pictures from Christmas time.


Well, I do have an excuse ( just a little one though) I have been sick since the last week of November with bronchitis and sinus infections...so I am allowed to be behind a little :o)



Where Do I start?


Ok firstly the Christmas Dress I made for August to wear to her school concert and also her the literacy medal she was awarded



my first ever attempt at shirring. Its a bit wonky so don't look too closely!
Ruffled edge around the bottom of the dress

And the proud little girl with her literacy medal and award certificate
( haha doesn't she look happy!)
Doing the hokey pokey with her sister





This is the Secret Santa gift I made and sent to Andrea(The Humming-cat ) as part of the EB Sewing Girls Secret Santa Swap. I was quite nervous about making and sending this Advent tree as I have never made anything like this before. But I have to say I was very proud of my first attempt . I hoped Andrea liked it.
This is the Angel on the top of the advent tree. I know it doesn't quite match the colour scheme but August picked it out especially for this project so how could I not include it ?
I was also very spoilt by Olivia in the EB secret Santa swap and got some lovely christmas fabrics, the cutest buttons, some lovely tartan ribbon, a beaded fairy for the tree and some gorgeous little biscuit cutters which were made very good use of over Christmas.
Thank-you Olivia! I'll be back with a pic of all my yummy goodies, I have to find the other memory card. For now though, Olivia has a pic of the goodies on her blog

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ali great jon on the dress and advent calendar - both look great.
Congrats again to August - clever girl!

monART said...

Congratulations to August! And that dress looks just great mom ;-) I really like the advent tree

Lily Mulholland said...

August does look very pleased :) Nice work on the dress. And happy new year to you too!

Post a Comment